Everyone loves bacon, but what if you could make it even better? Yes, it is possible. Candied bacon is the perfect way to take a classic favorite and turn it into something truly delicious. The combination of smoky bacon and sweet, sticky glaze is an irresistible treat that will have your mouth watering with every bite.
Whether you’re looking for a unique breakfast treat or a special dessert, candied bacon is the perfect way to make your meals something special. With its crunchy texture and sweet taste, no one can resist! Especially me. It sounds like it is complicated to make, but it’s actually really easy!
This candied bacon is made with maple syrup and brown sugar. Is your mouth watering yet? The sweetness of the glaze pairs perfectly with the smoky bacon to create an irresistible flavor that will have you coming back for more. Plus, it’s super easy to make – just mix, bake and enjoy!
Other creative ingredients for candied bacon
You can make candied bacon in so many different ways. Brown sugar and maple is delicious, but it’s worth mixing it up every now and then! Here are some other flavors you can play with when you’re feeling ambitious:
- Chili Powder – Incorporating chili powder into the recipe will give the bacon a slight kick from the heat as well as a delicious smoky flavor.
- Chipotle Pepper – Chipotle pepper will add a smoky, spicy complexity to the dish that will have your taste buds singing with delight.
- Smoked Paprika – Smoked paprika will give the bacon a deep smoky flavor as well as an earthy, slightly spicy finish.
- Balsamic Vinegar – Adding a little bit of balsamic vinegar to the recipe will bring out the sweetness in the bacon while adding a subtle tang.
- Garlic Powder – Incorporating garlic powder into the recipe will give the bacon an aromatic and savory finish that will be sure to tantalize your tastebuds.
- Honey – Swapping out some of the brown sugar for honey will add an intense sweetness and a hint of floral notes.
- Mustard Powder – Adding a bit of mustard powder to the recipe will give the bacon a subtle tangy flavor that will have you reaching for more.
- Orange Peel – Tossing in some orange peel to the mix will give the bacon an extra hint of citrus and sweetness.
- Cayenne Pepper – For those who like it hot, adding a bit of cayenne pepper to the recipe will give the bacon some extra heat as well as a delicious smoky flavor.
- Cinnamon – Sprinkling in some cinnamon will add a touch of warmth and sweetness that will perfectly complement the other flavors in the dish.
- Coffee Grounds – Coffee grounds may seem like an odd addition, but they will add a deep earthy flavor to the bacon that is truly unique and unforgettable.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Adding some Worcestershire sauce will give the bacon a savory umami flavor that will have everyone coming back for more.
Candied Bacon With Maple Syrup & Brown Sugar
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the bacon strips in half and place on the baking sheet, being sure not to overlap them.
- In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, brown sugar and pepper until well combined.
- Brush the mixture over the bacon on both sides.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes in the oven. Cool before serving. Enjoy!