Cheeseballs are the perfect snack or appetizer for entertaining. They’re easy to make, incredibly tasty and guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser! This cheeseball with bacon and pecans is no exception. Whether you’re looking to whip up something special for your next dinner party or just want a tasty snack, cheeseballs are the ideal way to satisfy your cravings.
Not only are they delicious and indulgent, but they can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you’re ready to serve them. Plus, cheeseballs are customizable so you can make them your own by adding in tasty mix-ins like nuts, herbs, dried fruits or whatever else your heart desires.
The ingredients in this bacon and pecan cheeseball:
- Cream cheese – It wouldn’t be a cheeseball without cheese, right? Cream cheese is the perfect base for a soft and creamy texture.
- Shredded cheese – While cream cheese is the main component of this dish, shredded cheese adds a nice texture and flavor.
- Seasonings – Salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder help to bring out the flavors of the cheese. These are a couple staple seasonings in a lot of my cooking.
- Bacon bits – Everyone loves bacon, right? Bacon bits add an extra level of flavor and crunch to the cheeseball. If you want to go the extra mile, you can even make your own bacon bits. But, store-bought will work just fine as well.
- Nuts – Nuts like pecans, walnuts, or almonds are a great way to add a bit of crunch and flavor. I love using pecans for this cheeseball recipe.
- Scallions – Scallions are a great way to add some fresh flavor to the dish without overpowering the cheese. Try to find the freshest scallions possible.
Other ingredients that go well in a cheeseball
If you’re looking to mix this recipe up a little bit, here are some great ingredients you can add to the cheeseball. Or, you can always use substitutions.
- Fresh Parsley: Fresh, chopped parsley adds freshness and a vibrant green color to your cheese ball.
- Red Pepper Flakes: Just a tiny bit of heat can go a long way. Red pepper flakes are perfect for adding a bit of kick to your cheese ball.
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes: For a Mediterranean twist, sun-dried tomatoes add a burst of flavor and texture.
- Caramelized Onions: The sweet and savory of caramelized onions really elevates a cheese ball.
- Garlic: Roasted or finely minced, garlic adds flavor and depth.
- Jalapenos: For a subtle but noticeable kick, jalapenos are a great choice.
- Capers: To add brightness and texture, capers are great for adding a salty flavor.
- Chives: The mild onion flavor of chives is the perfect addition.
- Dried Cranberries: Sweet and tart, dried cranberries add a bit of color and flavor to your cheese ball.
- Citrus Zest: To add a hint of freshness, citrus zest adds a unique flavor and texture.
- Poppy Seeds: Poppy seeds are perfect for adding a bit of crunch and nutty flavor.
If you’re looking for an easy, delicious and crowd-pleasing appetizer or snack, look no further than this cheeseball recipe! It’s packed with flavorful ingredients and is sure to be a hit with any cheese lover. Plus, it’s incredibly customizable so you can make it your own by adding in your favorite mix-ins. So, grab the ingredients and get to cheeseballing! You won’t regret it.
Cheeseball (With Bacon and Pecans)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar fresh, if possible
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- 1/4 cup scallions sliced
- 2 tbsp milk any kind
- 2 tsp everything bagel seasoning
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- In a medium bowl add the cream cheese, cheddar, seasoning and milk. Mix with a hand mixer, until well combined.
- Add half of the bacon bits, half of the scallions, and half of the chopped nuts.
- Form into ball.
- Using saran wrap on a cutting board, scrape the cheese out onto the wrap. Then fully wrap it up with the saran wrap and form into a ball.
- Put the cheeseball in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to form.
- In another bowl, add the remaining chopped pecans, bacon bits and scallions.
- Remove cheeseball from the fridge.
- Roll the cheeseball around in the prepared bowl with remaining ingredients and make sure the whole ball is coated with the remaining coating.
- Remove from bowl when cheeseball is entirely coated. Serve and enjoy!