Christmas Crack popcorn is a fun, sweet and salty snack that’s perfect for the holidays! It takes just minutes to make and it’s sure to be a hit with family and friends. You can even bring this into work for a potluck or party.
It’s made using popcorn, M&Ms, white chocolate, and pretzels. For an extra special treat, it even has some holiday-themed sprinkles. It’s so addictive and full of flavor, you won’t be able to stop eating it! This easy and delicious treat makes for a great snack or dessert and can be made in no time.
The best thing about this recipe is that you can easily change it up for each holiday. I have made this recipe for Valentine’s Day using bright red M&Ms and pink sprinkles. It’s not like popcorn and chocolate ever goes out of style. It’s always delicious.
- Popcorn (already popped) – The star of the show in this recipe! You’ll want to use popcorn that is already popped. I prefer using plain. A simple bag of microwaved popcorn will do the trick. Try not use anything that already has a flavor or added butters. It can make the snack a little soggy.
- White candy wafers – You can find white candy wafers in most craft stores, or online. This is where a lot of the sweetness and “crackiness” comes from. You can also experiment with regular chocolate wafers! I just like the way the white ones look against the contrast of colors. I also think I prefer white candy in general.
- M&Ms (green and red) – The holiday colors are a must for this recipe. Like I mentioned, you can change this recipe up for any holiday you want. For Halloween use festive orange candies and for Valentines Day use pink! This recipe is really versatile and it never gets old.
- Pretzels – This is where the saltiness comes in. A little bit of crunchy texture is also a nice contrast to the other ingredients.
- Sprinkles – It wouldn’t be a holiday recipe without a little bit of sparkle. Use any kind of sprinkles you want. I use red and green for the holiday season.
Christmas Crack Popcorn
- 6 cups popcorn already popped
- 1/2 cup white candy wafers
- 1/4 cup holiday M&Ms
- 1.5 oz pretzels
- 1/2 tsp red sprinkles
- 1/2 tsp green sprinkles
- On a baking tray lined with parchment paper, lay out the popped popcorn.
- Break up half of the pretzels and spread both the broken and whole pieces of pretzel over the popcorn.
- Spread out the M&Ms over the popcorn.
- Melt the candy wafers in the microwave in increments of 30 seconds, until its melted and liquid.
- Spread the melted candy wafers over the popcorn mix.
- Add the sprinkles to the popcorn mix and toss everything to make sure the ingredients stick to each other. Let cool and enjoy!
- Using parchment paper will make this recipe a lot easier to work with! You don’t want to spray the pan with oil. It will make the snack a soggy mess.